Thank you for your interest in GEMS World Academy Chicago. We are committed to enrolling students and families who are supportive of our mission to prepare students to be resilient, empathetic, and morally responsible contributors to the local and global communities. Our aim is for you to find our admissions process to be thoughtful, personal, seamless, and comfortable. Our admissions team is here to help you at any point; no question is too small.
Apply for 2020-2021
Looking for in person learning for the 2020-2021 school year? We have a limited number of spaces for new students. We are currently accepting applications on a rolling bases for the 2020-21 school year. If you would like to apply for the current school year, please use the button below.
The 2021-2022 Admissions Cycle, Dates & Deadlines
The dates of our admissions are most closely aligned to fellow independent schools in Chicago.
- Application Submission Deadline: January 3, 2021
- Application Profile Completion Deadline: February 13, 2021
- Admissions Decision Notification: Week of February 22, 2021
- Admissions Decision Due by: March 15, 2021
The Application Process
Though it is not required before applying, we highly recommend you attend an upcoming event or take a personal tour to learn more about our mission, philosophy, values, and approach. Visiting is the best way to determine whether GEMS is right for your child and family.Visit
Apply online here. After you submit the application, we will guide you toward a complete application. Requirements vary by grade, but include submission of historical school records, test scores, and report cards, a parent meeting with admissions, and teacher recommendation(s), and a grade-appropriate assessment:
Decisions are issued according to the timeline of your admissions track.Apply Now
If your child is admitted, you will be provided with a link to pay the enrollment deposit and sign the enrollment agreement. Enrollment is not secured until both the agreement and deposit are received. Our enrollment deposit is 10% of tuition.Apply Now
After you submit the application, we will guide you toward completion of the application process. Requirements vary by grade level, but include submission of historical school records, test scores, report cards, a parent meeting with admissions, teacher recommendation(s), and a grade-appropriate assessment:
- Preschool-kindergarten: playgroups conducted by our early learning staff
- Grades 1-4: school visit/shadow day and GEMS assessment
- Grades 5-10: school visit/shadow day and ISEE, SSAT, ACT, Aspire, or PSAT scores
- Grades 11-12 Diploma Program: school visit/shadow day and ISEE, SSAT, ACT, Aspire, or PSAT scores, world language assessment (where applicable)
Register for the ISEE here. Our ERB member code is 571100.