Thank you for your interest in GEMS World Academy Chicago. We are committed to enrolling students and families who are supportive of our goal to prepare students to be resilient, empathetic, and morally responsible contributors to the local and global communities. Our aim is for you to find our admissions process to be thoughtful, personal, seamless, and comfortable. Our admissions team is here to help you at any point; no question is too small.
Admissions Dates & Deadlines
We are currently accepting applications on a rolling basis for the 2019-20 school year. If you would like to apply for the current school year, please use the button below:Apply for 2019-2020
For 2020-21 admissions, we offer two admissions cycles:
This is a great option for siblings of current GEMS students, families for whom GEMS is the first choice, and those applying to our key entry years (preschool, junior kindergarten, grades 6 and 9). Students who enroll during Priority Admissions do not pay our one-time new student fee.
- Application Submission Deadline: October 28, 2019
- Application Profile Completion Deadline: December 1, 2019
- Admissions Decision Notification: Week of December 9, 2019
- Admissions Response Due by: January 5, 2020*
The dates for regular admissions are most closely aligned to fellow independent schools in Chicago.
- Application Submission Deadline: January 6, 2020
- Application Profile Completion Deadline: February 16, 2020
- Admissions Decision Notification: Week of February 24, 2020
- Admissions Response Due by: March 16, 2020*
The Application Process
Though it is not required before applying, we highly recommend you attend an upcoming event or take a personal tour to learn more about our mission, philosophy, values, and approach. Visiting is the best way to determine whether GEMS is right for your child and family.Visit
Apply online here. After you submit the application, we will guide you toward a complete application. Requirements vary by grade, but include submission of historical school records, test scores, and report cards, a parent meeting with admissions, and teacher recommendation(s), and a grade-appropriate assessment:
Decisions are issued according to the timeline of your admissions track.Apply Now
If your child is admitted, you will be provided with a link to pay the enrollment deposit and sign the enrollment agreement. Enrollment is not secured until both the agreement and deposit are received. Our enrollment deposit is 10% of tuition.Apply Now
After you submit the application, we will guide you toward a complete application. Requirements vary by grade, but include submission of historical school records, test scores, report cards, a parent meeting with admissions, teacher recommendation(s), and a grade-appropriate assessment:
- Preschool-kindergarten: playgroups conducted by our early learning staff
- Grades 1-4: school visit/shadow day and GEMS assessment
- Grades 5-10: school visit/shadow day and ISEE, SSAT, ACT, Aspire, or PSAT scores
- Grades 11-12 Diploma Program: school visit/shadow day and ISEE, SSAT, ACT, Aspire, or PSAT scores, world language assessment (where applicable)
Register for the ISEE here. Our ERB member code is 571100.