Thank you for your interest in GEMS World Academy Chicago. We are committed to enrolling students and families who are supportive of our mission to prepare students to be resilient, empathetic, and morally responsible contributors to the local and global communities. Our aim is for you to find our admissions process to be thoughtful, personal, seamless, and comfortable. Our admissions team is here to help you at any point; no question is too small.
Now Enrolling for In-Person Instruction for the 2022-23 school year.
Enrolling now for in-person instruction only, five days a week. No hybrid or alternating days off.
The 2022-2023 Admissions Cycle, Dates & Deadlines
The dates of our admissions are most closely aligned with other independent schools in Chicago.
- Application Submission Deadline: January 15, 2022 (After this date, we move to a rolling admissions phase and accept qualified applicants if space is available.)
- Application Profile Completion Deadline: February 15, 2022
- Admissions Decision Notification: Week of March 7, 2022
- Admissions Decision by: March 21, 2022
The Application Process
There is nothing like seeing a potential school in person, but in the current COVID environment, we have restricted access to the building for the health and well-being of our students, faculty, and staff. However, prospective families will have the opportunity to learn more about our mission, values, philosophy, and approach by attending our virtual events. Right now, visiting virtually is the best way to determine if GEMS is the right fit for your child and family.Visit
Apply online here. After you submit the application, we will guide you toward a complete application. Requirements vary by grade, but include submission of historical school records, test scores, and report cards, a parent meeting with admissions, and teacher recommendation(s), and a grade-appropriate assessment:
Decisions are issued as soon as all application requirements are met and tuition has been set for the upcoming school year.Apply Now
If your child is admitted, you will be provided with a link to pay the enrollment deposit and sign the enrollment agreement. Enrollment is not secured until both the agreement and deposit are received. Our enrollment deposit is 10% of tuition.Apply Now
After you submit the application, we will guide you toward completion of the application process. Requirements vary by grade level, but include submission of historical school records, test scores, report cards, a parent meeting with admissions, teacher recommendation(s), and a grade-appropriate assessment:
- Preschool-kindergarten: playgroups conducted by our early learning staff
- Grades 1-4: school visit/shadow day and GEMS assessment
- Grades 5-10: school visit/shadow day and ISEE, SSAT, ACT, Aspire, or PSAT scores
- Grades 11-12 Diploma Program: school visit/shadow day and ISEE, SSAT, ACT, Aspire, or PSAT scores, world language assessment (where applicable)
Register for the ISEE here. Our ERB member code is 571100.